Please confirm it than the following links about dish contents and a guest room condition, the rate.
※ I may change it without the notices such as the dates about a rate and the rate.
In addition, please refer to our House in detail.
|1 Day Prior to Accommodation Day
|2 or 3 Day Prior to Accommodation Day
657, Koyasan, Koya-cho Ito-gun, Wakayama, 648-0211, Japan
We would like the telephone of the reservation from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. An office closes at the time except it.
You can make a shukubo (temple lodging) reservation.
Please check room availability and price from these button.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ACCOMMODATION CONTRACTS / RULUS OF CODUCT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ACCOMMODATION CONTRACTS
Scope of Application
- Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Temple Ryokan and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. And any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations or generally accepted practices.
- 2 In the αse when the Temple Ryokan has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Application for Accommodation Contracts
- A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Temple Ryokan shall notify the Temple Ryokan of the following particulars.
- (1) Name of the Guest(s);
- (2）Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
- (3) Accommodation Charges (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in Attached Table No.1);
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Temple Ryokan.
- 2 In the case when the Guest requests, during his stay, extention of the accommodation beyond the date in Subparagraph (2) of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.
- A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Temple Ryokan has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply when ti has been proved that the Temple Ryokan has not accepted the application.
- 2 When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Temple Ryokan within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest’s entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Temple Ryokan.
- 3 The deposit shall be first used for The Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest，then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 if applicable,and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
- 4 When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2 the Temple Ryokan shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case when the Guest is thus informed by the Temple Ryokan when the period of payment of the deposit is specified.
Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Temple Ryokan may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
- 2 In the case when the Temple Ryokan has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be costrued that the Temple Ryokan has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Refusal of Accommodation Con廿acts
- The Temple Ryokan may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
- (1) When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
- (2) When the Temple Ryokan is fully booked and no room is available;
- (3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his accommodation;
- (4) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
- (5) When the Temple Ryokan is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation;
- (6) When the Temple Ryokan is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, disfunction of the facilities and other unavoidable causes; or
- (7) When the provisions of Article 3 of Wakayama Prefectural Ordinance are applicable.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest
- The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Temple Ryokan.
- 2 In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Temple Ryokan has requested the payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in attached Table. No.2, However, in the case when asp ecial contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1of Article 4h as been concluded;，the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation of the payment of the cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
- 3 In the case when the Guest does not appear by 8:00 p.m. of the accommodation date (2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Temple Ryokan is notified of it) without an advance notice. the Temple Ryokan may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Temple Ryokan
- The Temple Ryokan may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
- (1) When the Guest is deemed liable to conduct and has conducted himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his accommodation;
- (2) When the Guest can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease:
- (3) When the Temple Ryokan is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation;
- (4) When the Temple Ryokan is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and other causes of force majeure;
- (5) When the provisions of Article 3 of Wakayama Prefectural Ordinance are applicable;
- (6) When the Guest does not observe prohibited actions such as smoking in bed, mischief to the fire fighting facilities and other prohibitions of the Use Regulations stipulated by the Temple Ryokan (restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid the causing fires).
- 2 In the case when the Temple Ryokan has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Temple Ryokan shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any of the services in the future during the contractual period which he not received.
- The Guest shall register the following particulars at the Temple Ryokan on the day of accommodation:
- (1) Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s);
- (2) For non-Japanese: nationality, passport number, port and date of entry in Japan;
- (3) Date and estimated time of departure; and
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Temple Ryokan
- 2 In the case when the Guest intends to pay his Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as traveler’s cheques, coupons or credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms
- The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Temple Ryokan from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00a.m the next morning. However，in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except for the days of arrival and departure.
- 2 The Temple Ryokan may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in thee preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In this scase, extra charges shall be incurred as follows;
- (1) Up to 3 hours: 30% of the equivalent in the sum to the room charge;
- (2) Up to 6hours: 60% of the equivalent in the sum to the room charge;
- (3) More than 6 hours: 100% of the equivalent in the sum to the room charge;
- 3 The equivalent in the sum to the room charge prescribed in the precedmg Paragraph shall be 70% of the Basic Accommodation Charges.
Observance of Use Regulations
- Thee Guest shall observe the Use Regulations established by the Temple Ryokan, which are posted within the premises of the Temple Ryokan.
- The business hours of the main facilities, etc. of the Temple Ryokan are as follows, and those of other facilities, etc. shall be notified in detail by brochures as provided, notices displayed in each place and others.
- 2 The business hours specified in the preceding Paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable causes of the Temple Ryokan. In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
Payment of Accommodation Charges
- The breakdown and method of calculation of the Accommodation Charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is listed in attached Table No.1.
- 2 Accommodation Charges, etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid with Japanese currency or by any means other than Japanese currency such as traveler’s checks coupons or credit cards recognized by the Temple Ryokan at the Temple Ryokan at the time of the departure of the Guest or upon request by the Temple Ryokan.
- 3 Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities which have been provided for him by the Temple Ryokan and are at his disposal.
Liabilities of the Temple Ryokan
- The Temple Ryokan shall compensate the Guest for the damage if the Temple Ryokan has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in cases when such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Temple Ryokan is not liable.
- 2 The Temple Ryokan is covered by the Ryokan Liability Insurance in order to deal with unexpected fire and other disasters.
Handing When Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms
- The Temple Ryokan shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with consent of the Guest.
- 2 When arrangement of other accommodation can not be made notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Temple Ryokan shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Temple Ryokan cannot provide accommodation due to the causes for witch the Temple Ryokan is not liable, the Temple Ryokan shall not compensate the Guest.
Handling of Deposited Articles
- The Temple Ryokan shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to the goods, cash or valuables deposited at the front desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure. However, for cash and valuables, when the Temple Ryokan has requested the Guest report its kind and value but the Guest has failed to so, the Temple Ryokan shall compensate the Guest within the limit of 150,000 yen.
- 2 The Temple Ryokan shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intentional or negligent on the part of the Temple Ryokan to the goods, cash or valuables which are brought into the premises of the Temple Ryokan by the Guest but are not deposited at the Temple Ryokan. However, for articles of which the kind and value have not been reported in advance by the Guest, the Temple Ryokan shall compensate the Guest within the limit of 50,000 yen, except in the case of deliberate or serious error on the part fo Temple Ryokan.
Custody of Baggage and Belongings of the Guest
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Temple Ryokan before his arrival, the Temple Ryokan shall be liable to keep it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Temple Ryokan. the baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the Temple Ryokan at the time of the check-in.
- 2 When the baggage or belongings of the Guest is found left after his checkout, and the ownership of the article is confirmed, the Temple Ryokan shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions. When no instruction is given to the Temple Ryokan by the owner or when the ownership is not confirmed, the Temple Ryokan shall keep the article for 7 days including the day it is found, and after this period, the Temple Ryokan shall turn it over to the nearest police station.
- 3 The Temple Ryokan liability in regard to the custody of the Guest’s baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two Paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the peovisions of Paragraph 1 of the preceding Article in the case of Paragraph 1, and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article in the case of Paragraph 2.
Liability in Regard to Parking
- The Temple Ryokan shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot within the premises of the Temple Ryokan, as ti shall be regarded that the Temple Ryokan simply offers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited with the Temple Ryokan or not. However, the Temple Ryokan shall compensate the Guest for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Temple Ryokan in regard to the management of the parking lot.
Liability of the Guest
- The Guest shall compensate the Temple Ryokan for the damage caused through intentional or negligence on the part of the Guest.
Atached Table No.1
Calculation method for Accommodation Charges (Ref. Paragraph 1 of Article 2 and Paragraph 1of Article12)
|Total Amount to be paid
by The Guest
||1. Basic Accommodation Charges
(Room Charge + Breakfast & Dinner)
||2. Extra Meals (other than Breakfast and dinner)
& Drinks and Other Expenses
||3. Consumption Tax
4. Local Tax
- 1. Basic Accommodation Charge is based on the tariffs. which are posted at the Front Desk.
- 2. A child’s charge applies to children attending elementary school of ages (up to 12 years of age）and under. 70% of the adult charge shall be required when meals and bedding comparable to those for the adult are provided to such children, 50% shall be required when only bedding for children is provided 30%.
Attached Table No.2
Cancellation Charges (Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
|Contrcted Number of Guests
||1 t0 14
||15 to 30
||30 to 100
||101 and more
|Date When Cancellation of Contract is Notified
|1 Day Prior to Accommodation Day
|2 Day Prior to Accommodation Day
|3 Day Prior to Accommodation Day
|5 Day Prior to Accommodation Day
|6 Day Prior to Accommodation Day
|7 Day Prior to Accommodation Day
|8 Day Prior to Accommodation Day
|14 Day Prior to Accommodation Day
|15 Day Prior to Accommodation Day
|30 Day Prior to Accommodation Day
- 1. The percentages signify the rate of cancellation charge to the Basic Accommodation Charges.
- 2. When the number of days contracted is shortened, the cancellation charge for its first day shsll be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
Provisions for Guest Solatium
- If the Guest should die during his stay at the Temple Ryokan for any reason other than injury, the items described in the separately established Provisions for Guest Solatium shall be put into effect.
Provisions for Guest Solatium
- These Provisions establish the items required for conferring money and goods as expressions of sympathy on the part of Temple Ryokan when the death of a Guest occurs.
Condolence Money and Other Gifts
- If a Guest should die during his stay at the Temple Ryokan for any reason other than injury, the provisions described below shall be put into effect. ”During the stay of a Guest” refers to the period of time from when the Guest checks in until he checks out.
- (1) Condolence money shall be paid to the victim’s family. The amount of the condolence money shall not exceed 100,000 yen for each deceased Guest.
- (2) Depending on circumstances, an offcial or employee of Temple Ryokan or a representative appointed by Temple Ryokan shall attend the funeral of the deceased Guest.
- (3) Depending on circumstances, Temple Ryokan shall provide a floral tribute at the funeral of the deceased Guest.
Limit of Benefits
- The above-described provisions shall not be put into effect if any of the following applies.
- (1) If the cause of the Guest’s death is due to the use of drugs, opium, marijuana, or stimulant or thinner or other similar substance;
- (2) If the cause of the Guest’s death is related to pregnancy, childbirth, premature delivery, or miscarriage;
- (3) If the cause of the Guest’s death is suicide;
- (4) If the Guest dies from an illness that shows symptoms of radioactivity, explosivity, or other harmful property of nuclear fuel material (including spent fuel, pertains also to any subsequent mention) or material contaminated by nuclear fuel material (including materials formed by atomic fission), or symptoms that originate in an accident caused by such materials;
- (5) If the Guest dies from an illness that shows symptoms of irradiation or radioactive contamination besides those mentioned in the previous paragraph;
- (6) If the cause of the Guest’s death is bacterial food poisoning.
Submittal of Documents
- Whe the bereaved family of the deceased Guest intends to accept the condolence money in accordance with the particulars established in these Provisions, the following documents shall be submitted to Temple Ryokan.
- (1) Prescribed Application for Condolence Money;
- (2) Doctor’s Certificate of Death or Postmortem Certiftcate;
- (3) Document verifying the identity, and relation to the deceased, of the person collecting the condolence money.
Contract with Insurance Company
- Temple Ryokan has concluded a contract with insurance company as a means of preserving the condolence money and other gifts in whole or in part, in order to ensure that the condolence and other gifts will be provided as established in Article 2.
RULUS OF CODUCT
ACCOMMODATION RULES AND REGULATIONS Guests are requested to observe the following rules according to Article 10 of the Terms and Conditions of Accommodation. If these provisions ai e not observed, the accommodation con廿act or any related con廿acts may be canceled in accordance with Article 7 of the same Terms and Conditions.
Using the Guest Rooms and Facilities
- Guest rooms can not be used for any other purpose than accommodation and meals.
- 2 Unless permission has been specially granted , guests can not bring in any food or drinks, nor order them from outside.
- 3 Any visitors should be welcomed in the waiting room,no t the guest rooms.
- 4 Accommodation of guests under the age of 20 may be refused unless the guardian’s permission has been received.
- 5 Prior notification should be given to Temple staff in case of changes to the length of stay or number of guests staying.
- 6 Right of lease,ri ght of residence, rented house law or any other legal rights of residence do not apply, even though the guests may have a long-tern accommodation contract.
- 7 Any persons not registered for accommodation will not be permitted to stay at the temple.
- 8 On arriving at the guest room, guests are expected to confirm the location of emergency exits, as well as the evacuation routs. In case of fire, evacuate via the nearest emergency exit according to staff instructions or the emergency announcement.
- 9 Items such as irons, candles, heaters, or cooking appliances, can not be brought into or used in the guest rooms.
- 10 Smoking is not permitted in bed or while walking around in the Temple buildings.
- 11 Electric appliances of more than 1.5 Kw can not be used.
- 12 If a stranger is noticed entering a guest room without permission or acting in a suspicious manner. please confirm their identity or inform the office.
- 13 Children may only use the communal bath at the same time as their guardians.
- 14 Guests are requested to refrain from entering the main Temple hall, where prayers take place, while wearing a yukata (japanese bathrobe)
Where to Deposit Valuables
- Guests are recommended to leave any cash or valuables with the office. Before depositing valuables, however, guests wil be required to fill in a form describing the items and amount of money to be deposited. Deposit is only possible for the duration of the guest’s stay.
- 2 Any items left behind in the guest rooms will be kept for a certain period of time and then handed in to the nearest police station. (Refer to Article 16 in the Terms and Conditions of Accommodation.)
Payment of Fees
- Accommodation fees may be paid in cash, or by traveler’s checks, accommodation coupons, credit cards or any other alternative methods accepted by the Temple. Personal checks and bank drafts, however, are not accepted.
- 2 A deposit may be requested at the time of arrival.
- 3 When an extension of accommodation is requested, guests may be required to pay accommodation fees in advance.
Japanese Gangs and Their Members/Unacceptable Behavior
- Under the “Provisions to prevent behavior contravening the laws or act aagainst public order or good manners” enforced on March 1st, 1992，the Temple can not accept any reservations from members of Japanese gangs. （If a guest is found to be am ember of a Japanese gang after a reservation is taken or during accommodation，the guest will be asked to leave immediately.)
- 2 The accommodation of radical right-wing groups and their accompanying members is also not permitted. (If a guest is found to be a member of a radical right-wing group after a reservation is taken or during accommodation, the guest will be asked to leave immediately.)
- 3 If a guest is found to show or have a past record of violence, threatening behavior, intimidation, making illegal demands or any similar behavior， their request for accommodation will not be accepted or they will be asked to leave.
- 4 If a quest is seen to be under the influence of drugs and unaware of his/her own safety, or other guests are made to feel uneasy, fearful or endangered, their accommodation will be canceled immediately.
- 5 If a guest offends or disturbs any other guests by speaking or singing loudly or behaving in a s廿ange way in the guest rooms and buildings, or is involved with gambling or any other unacceptable public behavior, their accommodation will be canceled immediately.
- 6 Cancellation of accommodation will take place in all the above cases of unacceptable guest behavior.
Parking Area Article 5
- Guests are requested to follow the directions of the Temple staff when parking.
- 2 Do not leave valuables in parked cars.
- 3 Notify the staff or reservations office if staying more than two nights.
Goods Not to be Brought into the Guest Room Building and General Rules of Behavior
- Guests can not distribute or post up any notices, or sell and display any goods in the building,wi thout the Temples’s permission.
- 2 Printed materials of the Guest Room Building, pictures or films of the building and estate, whether in whole or part, and other rights, such as the trademark and design, owned by the Temple can not be used without pennission.
- 3 Guests can not move any of the equipment, placed in the guest rooms and building, from its original place without permission. If any such equipment is lost or broken, guests are liable for payment of any damages.
- 4 Do not leave personal items in the corridors or waiting room.
- 5 The following items may not be brought into the building.
- a. Pets or animals of any kind.
- b. Goods with offensive odor.
- c. Guns, swords, or weapons of any type.
- d. Flammable items such as gunpowder and volatile oils.
- 6 Do not hang items out the windows as this will affect the appearance of the building.
- 7 Do not throw things out the window.